What is the Octopus Joy smartwatch?
It’s an icon-based kids digital watch built specifically to help children understand time, form good habits and take responsibility for their actions through a consistent routine.
What’s in the box?
1 x Octopus Watch Motion Edition
1 x Companion
1 x USB cable
1 x US AC Adapter
Free app (iOS & Android) with more than 2000 icons to choose from. *(Additional icons and photo-to-icon tool available with an active Octopus Premium subscription)
The Companion is a night light, wake up alarm and a charging station. The night light’s duration and wake up alarm are customizable and can be set up via the free Octopus app.
Characteristics of Octopus Watch, the smallest smartwatch for kids on the market
- Weight: Only 11 grams (0.40 oz)
- Dimension: 40 mm case (1.57 in). 12 mm thin (0.47 in)
- Battery: rechargeable 75mAh that lasts 15 days with normal use
- Battery life: 3-5 days with motion activated, 15 days without motion activated
- Motion sensor: 3-axis digital accelerometer & 3-axis digital gyroscope
- Memory/history: ~2 years of events; 700+ alarms; 1300+ concurrent icons
- Hypoallergenic and swappable wristband
- Band fits wrists with a circumference ranging from 4.92 in to 7.87 in (12.5 cm to 20 cm)
- Touch button
Octopus Watch Motion Edition is not:
It’s not a GPS tracker nor a phone (it does not require a SIM card or phone plan).
It doesn’t emit sounds.
How does it work?
Parents download our free iOS or Android app to set-up the watch. Add activities and reminders such as “brush your teeth” through the app and sync with your watch. The watch gives the time with visual icons (and discreet vibration) making it the first watch that kids can actually understand.
NEW – Octopus Watch Motion Edition is the first icon-based watch that empowers kids by teaching good habits and the concept of time, while also encouraging them to stay active with its new fitness tracker.
It links time to events thru 2000+ icons*, making it the first clock that young kids can actually read and understand.
It’s a scheduler for children that fosters responsibility, independence and self-esteem.
It’s an assistant that helps parents prioritize expectations and stay consistent with daily routines.
It’s a fitness tracker that tracks physical activity and more.